This course is for you if:
- you’re a group fitness instructor and you’re worried about burning out or developing overuse injuries from teaching high impact/high intensity classes
- you’re a personal trainer and want to offer something more for your clients. Why not add in 10 minutes of personal, one-on-one yoga at the end of your sessions?
- you love yoga and want to share it with others!
- you believe that yoga should be taught in a way that anyone and everyone can do it!
This course is designed to teach the foundational knowledge and instructor skills needed to successfully teach a Yoga Fitness class. The content will be delivered in a combination of in-person sessions and conference calls.
In this course you will learn about:
- Asanas (Postures)
- Class Design
- Special Populations
- Leadership & Communication
- How to deal with difficult situations (talking in class, inappropriate clothing etc.)
- and more!
In-Person: January 15 (2-8pm), 16 (2-8pm), 17 (9-5), 18 (9-5)
Conference Calls: January 22, 29, February 5, 12 (7:30-9pm)
Fort St. John Leisure Pool
Pre-requisite: CFES (or equivalent) Fitness Knowledge Course and participation in a minimum of 20 yoga classes.
Cost: $599 plus tax.
Note: due to travel costs associated with the teaching of this course, no refunds can be issued. Registrations can be transferred or a credit for a future course can be issued.
Note: if you have taken this course with me in the past you can take it as a refresher and get 50% off (use promo code REFRESH when you register).